Salsa is a popular form of social dance that originated in New York with strong influences from Latin America, particularly Colombia,Cuba and Puerto Rico. The movements of salsa have its origins in Cuban Son, Cha-cha-cha, Mambo, etc.
Few fun facts about Salsa Dance:
- Most popular styles are: Los Angeles (“L.A.”), New York, Cuban style / “Casino”, Miami style Casino, Colombian / Cali, Rueda de Casino and Ballroom Salsa.
- Cuban style is the most traditional salsa dance style.
- Salsa is usually a lead-and-follow partnered dance, although solo forms like line dancing (Salsa Suelta) do exist.
- The solo breaks during the performance are known as “shines” because it looks as if the male dancer is shining his shoes on his trousers.
- Colombian Style is also known as Cali-style salsa. Dancers stick very close to each other while performing unbelievably fast and complex footwork and tight spins.
Doodle using everyday object: cream cracker biscuit used as nacho.
Source Credit: wiki & raisebrain