I think from the time we were four, every summers was about nimbu paani ~ lemonade or aam ~ mango. Indian summers are beautiful, it always takes you back to your childhood. So, today I decided to write on our very own Nimbu Paani.
What is it?
Magical non-sparkly cold greyish to white beverage filled with the goodness of lemons and sugar.
What does it contain?
(Nutritional Facts precisely)
Amount per: 100 Grams
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0 g||0%|
|Saturated fat 0 g||0%|
|Polyunsaturated fat 0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 4 mg||0%|
|Potassium 15 mg||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10 g||3%|
|Dietary fiber 0 g||0%|
|Sugar 10 g|
|Protein 0.1 g||0%|
|Vitamin A||0%||Vitamin C||6%|
|Vitamin D||0%||Vitamin B-6||0%|
as taken from wiki.
What are the types of Lemonade?
1. Traditional Lemonade: Typically non-carbonated made with fresh lemon juice and sugar.
2. Pink Lemonade: Variation of the traditional lemonade, pink lemonade is created by adding additional fruit juices, flavours, or food colouring to the recipe.
3. Clear Lemonade: Clear lemonade can be consumed on its own or as a mixer. Mixed with beer, clear lemonade is used to make shandy.
4. Shikanji: Lemonade with soda, salt, chaat masala and ginger results in this flavourful delight popular in India.
Of course, now I would want you to try some today, so here you go:
Masala Nimbu Paani Recipe:
- Take water in a vessel.
- Slice the lemon and squeeze the juice with the squeezer or with the help of your hand into water.
- Add sugar, black salt, cumin powder, chat masala, mint leaves and ice cubes.
- Mix all until sugar dissolves.
- Pour into tall glasses and add lemon slices if using.
- Serve nimbu pani chilled.
Don’t forget to share your pictures with the yummy nimbu paani!
Doodle using everyday objects: Lemon